The New Regulation of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities with the new requirements regarding the admission fees to monuments, museums, galleries, archaeological parks and monumental gardens will enter into force on 28 February, 2019.
From the 1st June 2019 the new admission fees will come into force to our cultural sites. The ticket reduced to 2 euros for people aged from 18 to 25 is already valid from February 28, 2019, as per Ministerial Decree 13/2019 which amended the Decree n.507 of 11 December 1997. The same facilities are applied to citizens of non-EU countries “on condition of reciprocity”.
Please, see all the changes in the pages of our places of culture in the “Museums” section!
Don’t waste your time, come and visit us! The growth of a territory passes through the knowledge of its cultural heritage 🙂
Proof of eligibility for free entry is to be shown when picking up your tickets.
- Children under 18 years of any nationality, showing passport or id card. Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by adults;
- Persons with disabilities are entitled to free priority access only if their handicap is certified under Law 104/92, D.M. 507/97 and D.M. 13/2019;
- Scholars; university students and teachers
- Student groups and teachers
- Tour guides and interpreters
- Journalists, only if enrolled in the Italian Association of Journalists. They are requested to show a valid certificate for the current year, in Italian or in English for foreign citizens (i.e. Press Card).
- Employees of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism;
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- In case of studies and researches authorized by an Italian or international university, academy, school, research institute, or cultural organization, or by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, or for other justifiable reasons, the requesting parties may be granted free admission authorized by the Director of the Uffizi Galleries, which is valid only for specified periods of time;
- The most important change is the increase of free admission days in the cultural places from 12 to 20 days. The decree includes the conservation of the free admission during the first Sunday of each month from October to March, a week of free entrances that will change yearly (in 2019 it will be from the 5th to the 10th of March), and other eight days chosen by the different directors, who will regulate as they wish throughout the year.