The Polo Museale della Calabria (Regional Museum Complex of Calabria), a peripheral organisation of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, operates at regional level with the aim of promoting and making available to the public museums, monuments and publicly managed archaeological areas.
An organ of the Direzione Generale Musei (General Museum Directorate), the Hub promotes the constant relations between local and state organisations, and among various public and private museums in the region, fostering the creation of the regional museum system and ensuring the quality of organic cultural offerings. The Hub works to define the strategies and common objectives to promote and foster the integration of channels to access culture.
Encourages the active participation of communities, supporting projects to raise awareness and raise funds to support our cultural heritage.
What does the Museum Complex do
01 It leads and coordinates state museums belonging to the region
It organizes the activities of managing, enhancing, communicating and promoting the regional museum system, in strict contact with the coordinating museum directors.
02 It enhances the cultural heritage
It sets common valuation strategies and goals for the widest use of cultural heritage and the creation of integrated museum services.
03 It assures high quality service standards
It assures high quality standards for museums of its own competence with regards to management and communication as well as educational and technological innovation.
04 It concludes agreements to enhance landscape assets
It collaborates with the State and the local authorities for the definition of cultural territorial programs and strategic plans for cultural development.
05 It promotes cultural itineraries
It works with local authorities and institutions to integrate routes and services in tourist-cultural itineraries.
06 It encourages active participation
It promotes and manages awareness-raising projects and public fundraising campaigns to support cultural heritage.
+39 0984 795639 email@example.com
- Director's Office +39 0984795639 room 116 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative office +39 0984795639 room 104 email@example.com
- Human resources +39 0984795639 room 112/143 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotion Office +39 0984795639 room 124 email@example.com
- Accounting Office +39 0984795639 room 111 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Office +39 0984795639 room 110 email@example.com
- Documentation Office +39 0984795639 room 103 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Polo Museale della Calabria manages and coordinates museums, galleries, archaeological sites and parks, monuments and historic buildings of state ownership.
- Chiesa di San Francesco d'Assisi - Gerace (RC) Director Rossana Baccari +39 0964 355009 email@example.com
- Galleria nazionale di Cosenza Director Domenico Belcastro +39 0984 795639 firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Cattolica - Stilo (RC) Director Rossana Baccari +39 0984 795639 email@example.com
- Le Castella - Isola di Capo Rizzuto (KR) Director Antonella Cucciniello | Reference officer: Rossana Baccari +39 0962 795160 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo e Parco archeologico "Archeoderi" - Bova Marina (RC) Director Orsola Laura Delfino +39 344 0300673 email@example.com
- Museo archeologico Metauros - Gioia Tauro (RC) Director Rossella Agostino +39 0966 504410 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Amendolara (CS) Director Adele Bonofiglio +39 0981 911329 email@example.com
- Museo archeologico nazionale "Vito Capialbi" - Vibo Valentia Director Adele Bonofiglio +39 0963 43350 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Crotone Director Gregorio Aversa +39 0962 23082 email@example.com
- Museo archeologico nazionale e Parco archeologico nazionale della Sibaritide - Cassano Allo Ionio (CS) Director Adele Bonofiglio +39 0981 79391 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo e Parco archeologico dell'Antica Kaulon - Monasterace (RC) Director Rossella Agostino +39 0964 735154 email@example.com
- Museo archeologico Lametino - Lamezia Terme (CZ) Director Antonella Cucciniello | Reference officer: Gregorio Aversa +39 0968 441947 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo e Parco archeologico nazionale di Capo Colonna - Crotone Director Gregorio Aversa +39 0962 934814 email@example.com
- Museo e Parco archeologico nazionale di Locri (RC) Director Rossella Agostino +39 0964 390023 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museo e Parco archeologico nazionale di Scolacium - Borgia (CZ) Director Antonella Cucciniello | Reference officer: Elisa Nisticò +39 0961 391356 email@example.com
- Museo statale di Mileto (VV) Director Faustino Nigrelli +39 0963 337680 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Polo museale of Calabria manages 11 archaeological sites, 2 museums of historical-artistic interest and 3 architectural sites.
Please, consult the section dedicated to itineraries through Calabria on the website www.turiscalabria.it
The origin of Polo museale is one of the main innovations introduced in 2014 by the reform of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities.
In 2014, the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities introduced a lot of innovations in the organization of the Italian museum system and has defined the mission of museums and new management methods. To find out more, you can consult the dedicated section on the website of the Genaral Management of Museums.
- Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers of 29 August 2014 n. 171, “Regulations for the organization of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, of the offices of direct collaboration of the Minister and of the Organisco indipendente for evaluation of performances”
- Ministerial Decree of 30 June 2016, no. 330, “Criteria for opening to the public, supervision and security of statal museums and cultural places”
- Ministerial Decree 9 April 2016 n. 198, “Provisions regarding archaeological areas and parks and cultural institutions and places of relevant national interest pursuant to Article 6 of the Ministerial Decree of 23 January 2016”
- Ministerial Decree of 23 January 2016, “Reorganization of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism pursuant to Article 1, paragraph 327, of Law no. 208 of 28 December 2015”
- Ministerial Decree of 23 December 2014, “Organization and functioning of State Museums”
- Ministerial Decree of 14 October 2015, amending the Decree of 23 December 2014 “Organization and functioning of state museums”
- Decree-Law 20 September 2015 n. 146, “Urgent measures for the fruition of the historical and artistic heritage of the Nation” (Museums and places of culture essential public services), converted into Law 12 November 2015 n. 182
- Ministerial Decree of 6 October 2015, “Concession in use of private property assets of the State cultural property”
- Ministerial Decree of 11 December 1997 n. 507, “Regulation laying down rules for the establishment of admission tickets to monuments, museums, galleries, excavations of antiquities, parks and monumental gardens of the State”, and subsequent modifications.
- Ministerial Decree 27 June 2014 n. 94, Regulation containing amendments to the Decree of 11 December 1997 no. 507 “Rules for the establishment of the entrance ticket to monuments, museums, galleries, excavations of antiquities, parks and monumental gardens of the State”.
- Legislative decree 31 May 2014 n. 83, “Urgent provisions for the protection of cultural heritage, the development of culture and the revival of tourism”, converted with amendments into Law no. 106 of 29 July 2014 and subsequent amendments.
- Decree-Law 8 August 2013 n. 91, “Urgent provisions for the protection, enhancement and revival of cultural assets and activities and tourism” (Valore Cultura), converted with amendments by Law 7 October 2013 n. 112
- Legislative Decree of January 22nd 2004 n. 42, “Code of Cultural Heritage and Landscape”
- Ministerial Decree of 10 May 2001, “Guideline on technical-scientific criteria and museum operating and development standards”
- Ministerial Decree of 18 April 2012, “Adoption of guidelines for the establishment and enhancement of archaeological parks”
International reference texts:
- UNESCO recommendation on the protection and promotion of museums and collections, Paris 2015 (text available in English)
- Council of Europe Framework Convention on the Value of Cultural Heritage for Society, Faro 2005, signed by Italy on 27 February 2013
- ICOM Code of Ethics for Museums, 2013
- UNESCO Convention for the Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage, ratified by Italy on 27 September 2007 with Law no. 167
- UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, Paris 2005